Did you know that students from over 75 countries have already chosen the Polytechnic of Leiria as their first choice of studies? Discover the reasons that characterize Portugal as a perfect destination and why studying at the Polytechnic of Leiria can be a remarkable experience that could change your life.
The Polytechnic of Leiria is a Portuguese public higher education institution that recently celebrated its 40th anniversary. It is located in the regions of Leiria and Oeste, in the coastal center of Portugal, through its five higher schools, located in the cities of:
- Leiria (ESECS - School of Education and Social Sciences, ESTG - School of Technology and Management and ESSLei - School of Health)
- Caldas da Rainha (ESAD.CR - School of Arts and Design)
- Peniche (ESTM - School of Tourism and Sea Technology).
The Polytechnic of Leiria has the facilities that all students today are looking for: 5 campuses, more than 130 laboratories equipped with the latest technology, innovative teaching and an atmosphere of proximity. The Polytechnic of Leiria also offers exchange programs, sports activities and support services, psychological and psycho-pedagogical support, university residences, canteens and restaurants, medical services and free Wi-Fi.
What are the advantages of studying at the Polytechnic of Leiria?
- Prime location on the central coast of Portugal
- Region with high quality of life and safety
- Strong connection with companies in the region and society
- Quality and diversity of courses
- Highly qualified teachers
- modern infrastructure
- State-of-the-art laboratories
- Family environment with "academic environment cities"
- Global Campus with students from over 75 nationalities
- Committed to Internationalization
Main Courses Offered
The Polytechnic of Leiria has a wide range of training at the level of undergraduates (undergraduates), masters and postgraduate courses. With programs taught in Portuguese and English, students have the opportunity to be part of an innovative higher education institution with 5 campuses located in 4 different cities. There is a wide range of courses:
- Always dreamed of running a business? Recognized courses in management, legal science, accounting and finance are the right training.
- Do you want to contribute to greater environmental sustainability? You can find courses in the fields of engineering, energy and environment and put into practice what you have learned in one of the largest civil engineering laboratories at the School of Technology and Management.
- Are creation and art part of your academic goals? The School of Arts and Design is among the best schools in Europe in the “product design” category.
- For those who want to better understand the world in which they live, the School of Education and Social Sciences offers courses in various social areas.
- Do you want to be related to caring for others and providing them with a better quality of life? Search for one of our health and wellness or tourism programs.
Studying at the Polytechnic of Leiria provides access to a variety of academic options, in addition to student scholarship and internship opportunities in a multicultural environment.
The Polytechnic of Leiria values the merit and motivation of its students, for which it has defined a set of merit scholarships that will include a reduction in the annual fee for the degree or masters course they are applying for.
Brazilian students can apply for the merit scholarship if they have obtained a score equal to or greater than 700 points in ENEM.
Internship Scholarship Opportunities
After completing a bachelor's or master's degree at the Polytechnic of Leiria, the student will have 18 months to do an internship in Europe, with the possibility of receiving an Erasmus scholarship.
It is very common for recent graduates not to be completely sure of their next steps. Start a new course? Look for a job? Trying to start a career? With this internship opportunity, the student can spend a year and a half after graduation gaining work experience, learning a new language, making new contacts and having experiences in a new culture. Approximately 50% of postgraduate and master's students at the Polytechnic of Leiria end up being hired by the companies where they do their internship.
Thanks to the accessibility and hospitality of the location, as well as the excellent academic options available, the Polytechnic of Leiria has become a haven for international students from all over the world.
There are more than 1,500 students from 75 different countries at the Polytechnic of Leiria. There are students from all corners of the planet: from Brazil, Ecuador, Angola, Cape Verde, Canada, Japan, all European countries and much more. The Polytechnic of Leiria recognizes the importance of having this diversity on campus and how useful sharing experiences can be.
An open window between academia, the world of work and society
The Polytechnic of Leiria is also located in a region of great economic dynamism with a high rate of employability. The region is rich in various sectors of activity: wood and furniture, plastics, molds, ceramics and glass, services, metalworking, mining, tourism, fishing and food and biotechnology industries. At the Polytechnic of Leiria, students will have the opportunity to contact many of these sectors, in an ever-open window between academia, the world of work and society.